Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I made a strawberry custard tart



Hi, I'm new to the blog - Martha invited me. Today I made a strawberry custard tart. I used the recipe from this website: http://www.cooksrecipes.com/dessert/custard_tart_with_fresh_berries_recipes.html

I didn't make quite enough graham cracker crust, my custard comes up above the crust by about a half an inch. I also didn't make the glaze the way they suggest: instead I pureed some strawberries in my food processor and added about a tablespoon of sugar and orange juice. It's cooling in the fridge at the moment so I can't comment on how it tastes yet. But I tried the custard mixture before it went in the fridge and it was pretty good. It may look nothing like the photo from the website but I think it will still taste great.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog! the strawberry pattern is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a strawberries lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, the strawberries taste is so delicious! Thanks for this great moment!

    ReplyDelete